[Info-vax] DEC Basic and dynamic memory ?

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Sun Jan 30 19:03:08 EST 2022

On 2022-01-30, Arne Vajhøj <arne at vajhoej.dk> wrote:

> It is actually not that different from the C/Pascal way.
>
> It just use array indexes instead of pointers/addresses.
>
> So 3 integers instead of 3 pointers.
>
> You can do tree's, hash tables's etc. that way.
>
> Just a different way of thinking.

Except you have to manage those integers yourself unlike the Pascal
or C approach, especially if you want to prune or add nodes while you
are processing the tree. There's also the required copying of the
current data every time you grow the tree.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP