[Info-vax] Userland programming languages on VMS.

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Mon Jan 31 09:02:11 EST 2022

On 2022-01-31, Arne Vajhøj <arne at vajhoej.dk> wrote:

> I would run Solaris on SPARC and I do run VMS on Alpha
> and keep Linux on x86-64. Are there any benefits
> from running Linux on a less common platform?

One of the reasons Linux has taken off is that you can run it on
pretty much every single thing that is physically capable of hosting
it in terms of CPU power and memory/other resources.

This includes large mainframes all the way down to tiny embedded boards
running on some custom hardware/architecture.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP