[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

VAXman- at SendSpamHere.ORG VAXman- at SendSpamHere.ORG
Mon Jan 5 13:08:49 EST 2015

In article <ch01i5F5rgqU1 at mid.individual.net>, bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>In article <00AF0C69.FA2DB1D5 at sendspamhere.org>,
>	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
>> In article <cgvsc6F3j6iU5 at mid.individual.net>, bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:

>>>I hope that's going to change as it will definitely affect who the users
>>>can send email to.
>>
>> Why do you say that?
>
>Many (one would hope most, if not all) proper MTA's will look at the entry
>in the HELO (or EHLO) command in SMTP and attempt to match it to the DNS PTR
>value.  If they don't match it is assumed the contacting MTA is spoofing
>and will be rejected.

Again, why?  If FioS provides a static IP, then there should also be some
way to provide DNS lookups for that static IP.  What good would static IP
be without it???

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG