[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Tue Jan 6 15:00:31 EST 2015

In article <54ab20ae$0$57764$c3e8da3$c8b7d2e6 at news.astraweb.com>, JF
Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot at vaxination.ca> writes:

> You need to also ensure that the customer of static IP can get the ISP
> to reverse translate that IP to his own domain and not that of the ISPs.

Why?  Do to email?  Then why have I never had such problems?  Because I
send through an SMTP relay server?  Well, yes, but one needs to do that
in any case if coming from a "dial-up" address.  But this seems to be
not only necessary but also sufficient.

Many names can translate to the same numerical address, but each
numerical address has only one name, right?  Many people run several
domains on the same IP address, providing a full range of services.

> (and that those IPs are not in a block sent to RBLs as "dynamic IPs that
> should never send any mail directly".

If they are, then "correct" reverse translation probably won't help.