[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Tue Jan 6 12:52:53 EST 2015

In article <00AF0D35.18D39214 at sendspamhere.org>,
	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
> In article <ch2cr1Fo6gjU3 at mid.individual.net>, bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>>{...snip...}
>>
>>But email is what we were talking about.  And I thought email was one
>>of the services offered by decuserve.org?  To the best of my knowledge
>>the only things that care about who the remote machine really is are
>>SMTP and IDENT. (and I am not sure just how much IDENT cares as I know
>>of no one who still runs it!)
>
> Well, in the past, I never had any issues when sending email from EISNER.

I didn't say everyone does it.  I would guess that 90% of the email
servers on the net have some mis-configuration (even mine, I suspect).
Some is accidental, some is deliberate.

> I suppose that we'll have to wait and see what transpires once EISNER has
> been re-established on the internet.

As I said, when (if) eisner comes back up someone is free to send me an
email from there and we can see what happens and what the logs say.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |