[Info-vax] Kittson question

Stanley F. Quayle infovax at stanq.com
Tue Jan 6 17:04:33 EST 2015

There was a single-card Alpha that was intended to be used for embedded
applications. I'm not sure if it was ever successful.

One version of CHARON-AXP can emulate it. Why? Because the number of
license units required is the least of any Alpha system. When moving
from a physical Alpha, emulating the DMCC guarantees that your licenses
will be sufficient. The speed of the emulated system is the same as for
any other emulated Alpha, since the CPU emulation is the same.

I've had clients wanting to create a "new" virtual system, that is, not
transferring licenses from a previous physical system. The DMCC license
costs are less than any other Alpha system...

--
Stan Quayle
Quayle Consulting Inc.

Stanley F. Quayle, P.E. N8SQ  +1 614-868-1363
8572 North Spring Ct., Pickerington, OH  43147  USA
stan-at-stanq-dot-com       http://www.stanq.com
"OpenVMS, when downtime is not an option"