[Info-vax] Can't get hobbyist licenses from Openvmshobbyist

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 05:57:35 EST 2015

On 2015-01-06 22:36:50 -0500, Stephen Eickhoff said:

> Anyone have an idea why?  I even tried filling out the backup form at
> http://plato.ccsscorp.com/hobbyist_registraton.php3.  Over 24 hours
> have passed with no response.  This is a real concern, as my licenses
> have expired so the server is essentially down.  I can't ask on
> Openvsmhobbyist.com's forums because when I log in, I just get a page
> full of broken scripts.
>
> It seems like the entire OpenVMS community is down.  DECUSSERVE,
> openvms.org, openvmshobbyist.com...

The licenses are given out in a manual process by an HP employee.
Generally one business day is sufficient, but being holiday times,
perhaps the gentleman is on vacation.  For future reference, you can
request new license codes up to 30 days or more before your current
ones expire so you could avoid the last minute update problems (Been
there, got the t-shirt).

--

John H. Reinhardt