[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Sun Jan 11 01:24:22 EST 2015

On 2015-01-10, johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk <johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Excellent.
>
> Is the EISNER mailing list accepting new applicants at this time, and
> if so, where are the application forms etc?

The official guff on the EISNER mailing list:

"About Eisner

This list is for out-of-band administrative matters concerning Eisner
(encompasserve.org). Usually it will be used only for alerts and
discussion of outages."

Once the system is up, you can simply TELNET to Eisner to sign up for
an account.  The SYS$ANNOUNCE text contains the necessary information.

The sign up process used to ask for a DECUS number, and a free sign up
was available via DECUS US (or Connect or whatever) but I'm not sure
of the current status here.

email sent

--
Of dates and times:
%S - Second as decimal number (00–61), allowing for up to two leap-seconds