[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 07:15:55 EST 2015

On Sunday, 11 January 2015 07:27:45 UTC, Paul Sture  wrote:
> On 2015-01-10, johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk <johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Excellent.
> >
> > Is the EISNER mailing list accepting new applicants at this time, and
> > if so, where are the application forms etc?
>
> The official guff on the EISNER mailing list:
>
> "About Eisner
>
> This list is for out-of-band administrative matters concerning Eisner
> (encompasserve.org). Usually it will be used only for alerts and
> discussion of outages."
>
> Once the system is up, you can simply TELNET to Eisner to sign up for
> an account.  The SYS$ANNOUNCE text contains the necessary information.
>
> The sign up process used to ask for a DECUS number, and a free sign up
> was available via DECUS US (or Connect or whatever) but I'm not sure
> of the current status here.
>
> email sent
>
> --
> Of dates and times:
> %S - Second as decimal number (00-61), allowing for up to two leap-seconds
> (but POSIX-compliant implementations will ignore leap seconds)

Super, thank you (and Simon).

I did have a DECUSERVE account many years ago, not used for ages though.

The account details were on a scrap of paper I saw not *that* long ago,
in a pile which I need to go through again before too long. But for the
immediate future there are (amazingly enough) other priorities :)

Have a lot of fun
john