[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

Bruce Bowler bbowler at bigelow.org
Tue Jan 13 15:40:50 EST 2015

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:32:27 +0000, Simon Clubley wrote:

> On 2015-01-11, Paul Sture <nospam at sture.ch> wrote:
>> On 2015-01-11, johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk <johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Super, thank you (and Simon).
>>>
>>> I did have a DECUSERVE account many years ago, not used for ages
>>> though.
>>>
>>> The account details were on a scrap of paper I saw not *that* long
>>> ago, in a pile which I need to go through again before too long. But
>>> for the immediate future there are (amazingly enough) other priorities
>>> :)
>>
>> As far as I am aware, Eisner accounts are not deleted through lack of
>> use (at least one factor being potential entries in the Notes
>> conferences).  The details of how to yell for assistance should be on
>> the welcome screen once it's back.
>>

> You do have to renew the account every year (as I have just been
> reminded).
>
> After such a long outage, there were only 19 days to go before my Eisner
> account expired.
>
> I'm not sure if they just get disabled or actually deleted however.
>
> Simon.

My recollection is that if you've ever posted a note in one of the notes
conferences, the worst that will happen is that you'll be DISUSERed.  If
you've never posted, you'll get DISUSERed and at some point in the future
(1+ years, I think) you may get deleted, but that part is somewhat manual.

Bruce