[Info-vax] Decuserve.org - Anyone know why it's down?

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Tue Jan 13 09:32:27 EST 2015

On 2015-01-11, Paul Sture <nospam at sture.ch> wrote:
> On 2015-01-11, johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk <johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Super, thank you (and Simon).
>>
>> I did have a DECUSERVE account many years ago, not used for ages though.
>>
>> The account details were on a scrap of paper I saw not *that* long ago,
>> in a pile which I need to go through again before too long. But for the
>> immediate future there are (amazingly enough) other priorities :)
>
> As far as I am aware, Eisner accounts are not deleted through lack of
> use (at least one factor being potential entries in the Notes
> conferences).  The details of how to yell for assistance should be on
> the welcome screen once it's back.

You do have to renew the account every year (as I have just been reminded).

After such a long outage, there were only 19 days to go before my
Eisner account expired.

I'm not sure if they just get disabled or actually deleted however.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP