[Info-vax] Streaming a File on OpenVMS with Caché

George Cornelius gcornelius at charter.net
Sat Jan 17 08:18:27 EST 2015

On 01/14/2015 11:43 PM, Steven Schweda wrote:
[Mack Altman III wrote]:
>> TCPIP$FTP_STREAMLF
>
>     Sounds to me as if it'd be worth investigating.

This is the setting I have always used with
UCX/TCPIP Services and it seemed to always
to the reasonable thing with binary data
(with the Multinet exception I mentioned
elsewhere).

Binary data would arrive marked as stream_lf,
buf you could always change the attributes
after it arrived since it did faithfully
transfer the data and the metadata, i.e.,
a pure image of the bytes, assuming the
sender did not do something bad on its
end to tamper with the bytes before it
sent them.