[Info-vax] 64 bit DCL ?

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Sun Jan 18 15:19:10 EST 2015

VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

> Fuck that.  If you want Linux, get linux.

No?  Tell us how you really feel ....

:-)

> Python?  Gack!  Unnecessary Ubersuperbloatwarez for the task(s) that DCL
> should be used to solve.
>
> DCL is perfect for what it does and what it should be used for.  Trying to
> write programs, any programs, that would be better served by writing them
> in any compiled language using DCL is, IMNSHO, stupid.

Just that!

Can some simple commands be useful?  Of course.  So can doing something
manually.  (Actually, I consider scripts very close to "manually".)  But
when you need a program, then get one.

Some people treat DCL as a programming language.  I guess it depends on
what you define as a "programming language".  I don't consider it as such.