[Info-vax] 64 bit DCL ?

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Sun Jan 18 16:02:01 EST 2015

David Froble skrev den 2015-01-18 21:10:

> I've installed Python on one of my VMS systems.  I was able to print "Hi
> there".  That's as far as I got...

$ python
Python 2.7.8 (default, Oct 31 2014, 14:12:12) [DECC] on OpenVMS
 >>> print "Hi there"
Hi there
 >>>  Exit
$

Could you realy not do anything mnore then that?
Just silly.

> Maybe it exists, but I could not find any
> documentation or tutorial.  Perhaps when Python is as well documented as
> DCL ....

There are the built in "help". Not structured like DCL HELP,
of course, since it is builtin in Python.

Then there is the excelent Python site with full docs/help.
https://docs.python.org/2.7/
There you have tutorial, reference and "how-to" docs.

It is generaly easier to find solutions/tips for
specific Python questions then for DCL issues.

Jan-Erik.