[Info-vax] free shell accounts?

Stan Radford sradford at noemail.net
Tue Jan 20 06:05:44 EST 2015

On 2015-01-20, Matthew H McKenzie <news.deleteme at swellhunter.org> wrote:
> OK, Vax and Alpha are running 7.3 (whereas as gein.vistech.net was running
> 8.4, whilst it was running...)
> They have an IA64 running 8.4  The Alpha is slower than the deathrow
> Alpha.

Thank you. That looks pretty good. Do you use their services often and have
you had any problems with the system not being available when you wanted it?

How is the response time and performance? I never used deathrow so I have no
feeling for how fast their Alpha was or what that would mean in practice. In
other words are those shells practical for a serious coding session or does
the performance slow you down and make you start pulling your hair out etc.

Stan