[Info-vax] DCL's flaws (both scripting and UI)

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Tue Jan 20 14:39:12 EST 2015

In article <07c34234-9fc9-4d76-8bd2-d7b41659da26 at googlegroups.com>,
	abrsvc <dansabrservices at yahoo.com> writes:
> APL is the only languages where it is easier to re-write the code than to debug it.  Consise, yes.  Short programs. yes.  Easy to read and understand, not so much.

Once again, matter of opinion.  Back when IBM was in it's prime they
were partnered with Marist College in Poughkeepsie.  We used to get
their interns for summer work.  Whizes with APL couldn't do anything
with COBOL or Fortran.

Oh, and I have been doing APL for over 30 years and I have no problem
understanding it.  (Only do it for fun anymore, but still do it once
in a while.)

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |