[Info-vax] Eisner's PAKs, was: Re: Can't get hobbyist licenses from Openvmshobbyist

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Wed Jan 21 08:12:46 EST 2015

In article <ci9m6cF8d8qU1 at mid.individual.net>,
	bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:

> Now, I am not saying they shouldn't try.  Create a usable (unlike HP's)
> educational program, publicize it and hope for the best.  But I would
> not recommend investing any resources that can be put to better use
> somewhere else because the likelihood of success is very slim and ROI
> is what matters the most.

I probably should have added, if such a program comes about before I
retire for real (I have retired twice already but here I am back at my
desk!) I would make sure people here were aware of it and would even
be willing to set up something for them to use it.  Assuming someone
also offered a usable (read free) emulator product that would allow
such a system to be set up.  I can tell you unequivocably that it
would have to be a totally no cost operation (beyond  my time, which
I would donate gladly) for anyone here to even consider it.  And even
given a system up and running, it would still be like pulling teeth
to get anyone to use it.  Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
Plan-9, Inferno, Amoeba, OS9000, more recently GT-M.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |