[Info-vax] DCL's flaws (both scripting and UI)

abrsvc dansabrservices at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 13:12:23 EST 2015

Having worked on code that was a replacement for DCL, I would vote for an add-on environment that could be "called" from a shell DCL procedure.  I agree with Hoff in that the file extention should be different as well.  Whether C64 (for 64bit DCL) or CMD for a "command" file is a good fit can be debated.  The bottom line here is that the process context and environment created by process creation with teh DCL cli should remain.  It should be easier that way.  Why recreate the wheel as far as process context is concerned.

Thoughts?