[Info-vax] free shell accounts?

sean at obanion.us sean at obanion.us
Thu Jan 22 10:17:04 EST 2015

> I don't understand how this can work until somebody explains the above
> issues!

Welcome to OpenVMS and VMS Clusters.

You might want to give the OpenVMS documentation, almost all of which is on line, some investigation.
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/

In this case, using Goggle with
openvms cluster configuration
gives me this first hit of
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82final/6318/aa-q28lh-tk.pdf
which has the title
"Guidelines for OpenVMS Cluster Configurations"

Part of what I would expect you to find is that the answer to your disk configuration questions are that it depends on what you want the cluster to do when something fails. Then details of the various options to storage connectivity come in to play, which is where the Cluster Configurations document becomes valuable.

Sean