[Info-vax] OT: "HDMI 2.0 cables"

Marc Van Dyck marc.gr.vandyck at invalid.skynet.be
Thu Jan 22 18:34:15 EST 2015

MG has brought this to us :
> What an incredible scam, I noticed that some places are now
> offering "HDMI 2.0" cables... while those don't even exist.
>
> How many people will be suckered into buying imaginary "HDMI
> 2.0" or "HDMI 4K cables"...?
>
> Then people talk about file sharing/piracy, that /that/ is
> supposedly killing the 'computer industry' (and what-not).
>
> If this kind of cutthroat racketeering was what DEC 'lacked'
> all these years and that's why VMS 'failed', then maybe it
> should be considered a badge of honor almost.
>
>   - MG

Oh, speaking about cables, just take a look at the audiophile market,
and you will even find optical fiber cables... with gold-plated
connectors ! Or USB cables "made specially for music" costing more
than $2k apiece. I don't blame the industry, why not take advantage
of that, if there are people naive/idiot enough to buy ?

--
Marc Van Dyck