[Info-vax] OT: "HDMI 2.0 cables"

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Fri Jan 23 02:37:25 EST 2015

In article <mn.b8227df1577f3e4f.104627 at invalid.skynet.be>, Marc Van Dyck
<marc.gr.vandyck at invalid.skynet.be> writes:

> Oh, speaking about cables, just take a look at the audiophile market,
> and you will even find optical fiber cables... with gold-plated
> connectors ! Or USB cables "made specially for music" costing more
> than $2k apiece. I don't blame the industry, why not take advantage
> of that, if there are people naive/idiot enough to buy ?

Yes, this is a hotbed of irrationality among folks normally not
associated with esotericism.  There are people who freeze CDs to get
better sound.

The "fat cables" stuff is really silly, since inside the components the
signal is running along hair-thin cables.

My favourite example: colouring the rim of a CD with a felt-tip pin,
preferably green, improves the sound.  This was introduced by German
weekly news magazine Der Spiegel in an articles as an April-Fool's joke.
The really strange thing is, even people who know that it is an April
Fool's joke still believe that it works.