[Info-vax] free shell accounts?

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.network
Sat Jan 24 11:52:50 EST 2015

On 1/24/2015 7:30 AM, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> In article <m9tt23$de9$1 at dont-email.me>, Stephen Hoffman
> <seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid> writes:
>
>> Deathrow is not using shadowing.  Not enough hardware for that.
>
> I'm surprised.  Disks are cheap, right?

Controllers for modern large SATA disks are not readily available for
both Alpha and Itanium VMS hosts.

I just paid $50 for a pair of 80 GB U320 disks for my RX2600 and that is
still a high price per GB compared to SATA.

What I am seriously looking at is using LINUX to mirror a couple of SATA
disks and MSCP serve them through SimH/VAX/VMS at 1GB Ethernet and 100
Mb internet.

Regards,
-John