[Info-vax] free shell accounts?

Stan Radford sradford at noemail.net
Sat Jan 24 14:54:49 EST 2015

I accidentally replied to posts from two different people at once.

Thanks for the nice post full of info. I have found I don't like being a
sysadmin and with new things I have better luck with a properly configured
system somebody else who knows what he is doing has set up. Then it's easier
to figure out if it is just not my thing or whether hey this is interesting,
let me learn more. That's why I want to use a shell account at first.

If it turns out VMS is the OS I've been waiting for I would love to get real
hardware but hardware including cheap HP microservers are horribly expensive
here so that is unlikely. I have enough boxes to run emulation on but that
usually ruins the enjoyment for me. If I like VMS as a developer I'll just
use a shell account until VSI puts out a free VMS that runs on Intel or I
can scrounge a VMS capable box whichever comes first, realizing it's quite
possible neither will ever happen.

Your setup sounds great and like a lot of fun. But that is something for
somebody know really knows VMS and that is very far away for me right now.

Regards,

Stan