[Info-vax] free shell accounts?

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Sat Jan 24 20:29:46 EST 2015

On 2015-01-24, Stan Radford <sradford at noemail.net> wrote:

> Among great things are newsreaders that thread properly so you don't need to
> quote ;-)
>
> This news host rejects posts that are mostly quotation. I haven't figured
> out their heuristics but I have found when I want to say thanks or
> acknowledge something it takes much less time to post a one liner or one
> worder than figure out how many lines I have to trim before the post is
> accepted. I gave up doing that.

Your headers say you are using Aioe. Eternal September is also freely
available (after you register, which is free) and is the NNTP provider
I am using.

> If your newsreader threads you can see what was being responded to.

As many people remove the post from the visible display after reading,
this means they have to retrieve the parent post, move to it, and then
move back to your post. This is equally true even when using threaded
newsreaders such as slrn.

This is one of the reasons why the Usenet convention is to quote enough
context from the post you are replying to. :-)

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP