[Info-vax] free shell accounts?

Norm Raphael norman.raphael at verizon.net
Sat Jan 24 15:11:34 EST 2015

 >On 01/24/15, Stan Radford<sradford at noemail.net> wrote:
 >
>On 2015-01-24, Norm Raphael <norman.raphael at verizon.net> wrote:
>> >On 01/24/15, Stan Radford<sradford at noemail.net> wrote:
>> >
>>>Great!
>>>
>> Glad something is "Great!"
>
>Among great things are newsreaders that thread properly so you don't need to
>quote ;-)
>
>This news host rejects posts that are mostly quotation. I haven't figured
>out their heuristics but I have found when I want to say thanks or
>acknowledge something it takes much less time to post a one liner or one
>worder than figure out how many lines I have to trim before the post is
>accepted. I gave up doing that.
>
>If your newsreader threads you can see what was being responded to.
>
>Stan

 Well, I am reading from e-mail, so no threading at all (which is why I
cannot tell to which message you are responding.  I'm sorry to see you are
on a news host that does not work as you and I think it should work; there
have been suggestions posted here for newsreaders that are better....

I do not know if you missed that Decusserve (Eisner) is now available again:

EISNER   - VMS  Alpha V8.3 (AlphaServer DS20 500 MHz) 2 cpus

Just SSH to Eisner.Decusserve.Org and sign up for a free account.

Norman F. Raphael
"Everything worthwhile eventually
degenerates into real work." -Murphy