[Info-vax] IBM Layoffs

Kerry Main kerry.main at backtothefutureit.com
Mon Jan 26 19:55:18 EST 2015

Outsourcing has many faces .. one model is based on outsourcer
simply taking over mgmt of the existing tech/staff resources at the
existing DC.

Whether the business case works or not really depends on what
the C level decision maker wants to accomplish i.e. reduce staff
costs while Increasing OPEX with a monthly charge may make sense
to him.

Since staffing is typically 60+% of most IT budgets, reducing staff
costs is the real issue under the covers when C level execs start
talking about "moving to the cloud".

Regards,

Kerry Main
Back to the Future IT Inc.
 .. Learning from the past to plan the future

Kerry dot main at backtothefutureit dot com