[Info-vax] OT: "HDMI 2.0 cables"

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Tue Jan 27 16:57:20 EST 2015

Dirk Munk schreef op 27-jan-2015 om 21:56:
> That was a very interesting video. As John Wallace already stated, the
> HDMI guy said they don't specify cables any more, they just require a
> certain signal level (and quality I presume) at the other end of the
> cable. He also said that the HDMI cable he had with him was capable of
> transporting 18 Gb/sec. Now that is interesting, because cables
> specified in HDMI 1.4b have a maximum rate of 10.2 Gb/sec, and HDMI 2.0
> has a maximum data rate of 18 Gb/sec. So my conclusion is that he was
> showing a HDMI 2.0 cable. Happy?

And guess what?  Stores are now selling "HDMI 2.0 cables"... that was
my whole point!  Which you continually missed and/or tried to talk
over with your annoying, selfrighteous, know-it-all ranting.  Also,
you still don't know and you still can't tell me what a "HDMI 2.0"
cable is and neither did the /president of HDMI Licensing/ reveal it
in the video.  In fact, he mentioned the change of signaling very
specifically and only when "HDMI 3.0" is brought up, they begin to
discuss even moving completely away from the current cabling and
possibly even copper-based cables (i.e. to fiber-optical cables).

  - MG