[Info-vax] OT: "HDMI 2.0 cables"

Dirk Munk munk at home.nl
Wed Jan 28 05:05:56 EST 2015

MG wrote:

> And guess what?  Stores are now selling "HDMI 2.0 cables"... that was
> my whole point!

Yes, I know, I have seen them.

> Which you continually missed and/or tried to talk
> over with your annoying, selfrighteous, know-it-all ranting.

No, I have never denied that. And why should I, when there is equipment
being sold with HDMI 2.0 interfaces, then it makes sense that you can
get cables designed for HDMI 2.0.

> Also,
> you still don't know and you still can't tell me what a "HDMI 2.0"
> cable is

There must be so much fume coming out of your ears when you're dealing
with this thread, that it impairs your reading. I've stated over and
over again that a HDMI 2.0 cable is just a normal HDMI cable as defined
by HDMI 1.4b, with one exception, and that is that it can deal with the
higher clock rate / data rate as demanded by HDMI 2.0.

It's so very simple, is it really worth making all that fuzz about?