[Info-vax] Installing OpenVMS 8.4 on Integrity rx2800 with no local disks

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Thu Jan 29 15:56:03 EST 2015

Tom Wade schreef op 29-jan-2015 om 21:36:
> I have to install OpenVMS 8.4 on an Integrity rx2800 i2.  It has no
> local disks, only SAN storage.  From what I can see, this system cannot
> boot from the DVD due to lack of support for the SATA DVD drive in the
> base O/S.
>
>[...]
>
> I have access to an rx2600 (currently running 8.3).  I was considering
> using this machine to install 8.4 with patch UPDATE5 on a USB stick, and
> trying to boot that on the target machine.  Is this feasible ?

Never tried that myself, but then I never owned anything beyond an
rx2620 (Integrity/IPF-wise).

Doesn't the rx2600 have iLO 2 (or beyond that?) with "virtual media"
capability?

  - MG