[Info-vax] Now that's targeted advertising!

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Thu Jan 29 18:37:06 EST 2015

Jojimbo wrote:
> Browsing my local newspaper site and guess what ad Amazon displayed? Vms internals and data structures!  This internet thing is getting more creepy all the time. Jim

I haven't actually researched it, just observed.  When I look at a
product, perhaps on selected web sites, I believe that something is
stored on my computer, possibly a "cookie", and in future use of a
browser, ads for that product appear.

An interesting idea, putting in front of you things in which you've
showed a prior interest.

Some might consider this "intrusive".  I'm still rather neutral about
it.  Just because it's on the screen doesn't mean I have to read it.