[Info-vax] Digital: Vax Alpha Integrity ... One Love - OpenVMS (YouTube video)

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Fri Jan 30 08:44:06 EST 2015

In article <maer7n$65g$1 at dont-email.me>,
	"Craig A. Berry" <craigberry at nospam.mac.com> writes:
> On 1/29/15 8:26 PM, Kerry Main wrote:
>
>> Anyone - trivia for day- which VMS systems had a POS console?
>
> Well, the Integrity EFI command-line interface is certainly a POS
> compared to SRM (unless I've misunderstood what Piece Of S stands for?).

Well, POS to me means Point Of Sale and the last VMS one I remember was
a MicroVAX with an HDS Terminal as a POS Terminal in a really good Pizza
Restaurant here.  Sadly, they moved to PC's several decades ago and the
MicroVAX went into a dumpster according to the guy I talked to there.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |