[Info-vax] Users of OpenVMS

johnson.eric at gmail.com johnson.eric at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 20:52:00 EST 2015

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 7:42:12 PM UTC-5, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

> I am pretty sure that there was only a few hundred thousands VMS sites
> back in the VMS peak late 80's. And I would expect a pretty big portion
> of those to have migrated off since then.
>
> Something in the 10000 magnitude sounds more realistic.

According to HP, their count of paying customers was around 2500.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2497657/operating-systems/openvms--r-i-p--1977-2020-.html

Of course that number is a bone of contention around these parts as
some point out that fails to account for the sites that are front ended
through resellers.

EJ