[Info-vax] OpenVMS in the future, Open sourced or Closed? Intent is to keep it...

seasoned_geek roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sat May 2 07:08:00 EDT 2015

On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 11:42:35 PM UTC-5, IanD wrote:

IT truths.

When something is going to fail spectacularly we call it a cloud so when it fails we can say it is having a storm or "cloud burst."

When something is going to be non-robust we OpenSource it.

When something is going to have all the security and hardening of toilet paper we put it on x86.

None of these truths should _ever_ be allowed to happen to VMS.

We should drop the Open from the name too.