[Info-vax] OpenVMS Manual Links

BillPedersen pedersen at ccsscorp.com
Wed May 6 14:15:29 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 1:37:19 PM UTC-4, JF Mezei wrote:
> On 15-05-06 09:31, John Reagan wrote:
>
> > I can't get to the NonStop docs either so I suspect it really is a poorly planned server reorganization.
>

> Does this have to do with the PC business spinning off what is left of
> the original Hewlett Packard ?

Yes, JF, that is the case, according to the people I have talked to internal to HP.  Ever since they centralized the web support for efficiency reasons the overall quality of the work done on the web site and especially the OpenVMS segment has been poor.

This particular fiasco has the shades of being implemented by someone who has absolutely no understanding of the interrelationships between the various web server and also no understanding of how to implement a LARGE, HIGHLY VISIBLE PROJECT.

It does not suggest that the access to documentation is going away - they still link to where they "THINK" the documentation should be.  The only problem being someone else has (re)moved it already.

Oh, well...

Onward we trudge!