[Info-vax] Beyond Open Source

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Sun May 10 12:34:42 EDT 2015

Stephen Hoffman wrote:
> On 2015-05-10 04:32:03 +0000, IanD said:

>> I'd love to see an event logger like windows has on OpenVMS :-)

Well, I personally find it severely lacking in necessary details.

> Microsoft very much understands the enterprise.

Yeah, they understand where the big bucks can be had, and they've
brainwashed enough people to make it easy to harvest those bucks ..

What I don't understand is this aversion to independently implemented
procedures and such.  One size doesn't fit all.  If someone designs and
developes something that precisely fits their needs, why is this so much
worse than generic stuff?