[Info-vax] Disposition of DEC Collection - Questions

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Tue May 12 12:53:53 EDT 2015

In article <mit86h$ul2$4 at speranza.aioe.org>,
	Jeff Shirley <jeff at ihatespam.com> writes:
> Greetings.
>
> After over a decade of not having time to enjoy it, I realize I need to pass
> on my collection of DEC hardware to those who can.  It consists mostly of
> Q-bus systems and parts, but also includes VAXStations, terminals, tapes,
> manuals, catalogs, DECUS literature, a couple of DEC 3000/500s---tons of stuff
> (literally), more than I can remember.
>
> I paid good money for this stuff at swap meets and auctions back in the day,
> and would like to get at least what the precious metal recycler will give me
> for the boards.  When I parted with the UNIBUS stuff a few years back, I
> listed it on Ebay and posted pointers on Usenet.
>
> Back then there was a fair amount of anti-Ebay sentiment.  Is that still the
> case?  Is Usenet still the center for this type of activity, or has another
> medium taken over?  Any suggestions (other than "Give it all to me!")?  ;^)

Good luck.  Luckily, I have paid little beyond time, gas and wear&tear
on my vehicles for all the stuff I have/had.  I have had to pare down my
collection a number of time but the most I ever got was a couple cases of
Beck's for a bunch of Apple hardware.  I, also, hate to see any of this
stuff end up in the scrapyard but I am finding less and less people who
are even interested in it for nothing.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |