[Info-vax] Disposition of DEC Collection - Questions

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Tue May 12 18:20:57 EDT 2015

glen herrmannsfeldt skrev den 2015-05-12 19:59:
> In alt.sys.pdp11 Jeff Shirley <jeff at ihatespam.com> wrote:
>
>> After over a decade of not having time to enjoy it, I realize I need to pass
>> on my collection of DEC hardware to those who can.  It consists mostly of
>> Q-bus systems and parts, but also includes VAXStations, terminals, tapes,
>> manuals, catalogs, DECUS literature, a couple of DEC 3000/500s---tons of stuff
>> (literally), more than I can remember.
>
> (snip)
>> Back then there was a fair amount of anti-Ebay sentiment.  Is that still the
>> case?  Is Usenet still the center for this type of activity, or has another
>> medium taken over?  Any suggestions (other than "Give it all to me!")?  ;^)
>
> There is a lot of overpriced stuff on eBay, so I am not surprised that
> there is such sentiment.
>
> If you ask reasonable prices,...

When I had leftover hardware (like graphic cards, memory DIMMs and
similar easy-to-ship items), that would have gone to the recycling
otherwise, I simply put a starting price of $0.01 and a shipping
that I know covers my S&H costs. Then it might end as it likes...

Starting at $0.01 gives very high visability and often ends
higher then one would have expected before.

Jan-Erik.

  and post here so that people here