[Info-vax] Do you (or someone you work with) sysman on Windows?

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Wed May 13 17:10:39 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-12 22:15:35 +0000, Jan-Erik Soderholm said:

> Stephen Hoffman skrev den 2015-05-12 21:23:
>>
>> With OpenVMS, I've found that clean installs have benefits over
>> continuing to upgrade ancient system disks, as well.
>
> You mean not to have:
>
> $ prod sho hist openvms
> -------------------------- --------- ---------- --- -----------
> PRODUCT                    KIT TYPE  OPERATION  VAL DATE
> DEC AXPVMS OPENVMS V8.4    Platform  Install    Sys 29-SEP-2012
> There is nothing that we have identified as a problem comming from
> this, at least.

FWIW, if you have a case where that PCSI dreck is most representative
of the sort of cruft that can build up on many OpenVMS system disks, we
have very different experiences — there's usually a whole lot more junk
that's been incrementally added or tweaked over the years, and any
available records of configuration controls and change details and
rationales can be sparse at best.