[Info-vax] startup hangs during TCPIP

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Sun May 17 06:21:35 EDT 2015

I have a satellite which I boot every day or two.  A couple of days ago,
the startup started hanging.  STARTUP.LOG and console output indicate
that this is always somewhere in the TCPIP startup.  Control-P and
booting again was successful, though in one of three or four times I had
to do it twice.

No, I haven't changed anything.  This is still a 7.3-2 node.

Once it boots up, everything is fine.

Something I noticed around the same time, which wasn't present before,
is that a Smart-Array card (which I have never used) now fails to
initialize, but I don't see how that could be relevant.

Also, during the startup I mount the system-disk shadow sets on other
boot nodes.  The first one mounts, the second one doesn't, and no other
shadow sets after the second system-disk one mount either.  (Of course,
its own system disk is mounted.)  Strange, but again I don't see how it
could be related.

All network is on the LAN (100 Mb/s, full duplex) and I don't see any
other problems with it.

Any ideas?