[Info-vax] Itanium question [2]

Hans Vlems hvlems at freenet.de
Sun May 17 11:44:17 EDT 2015

Op zondag 17 mei 2015 16:47:18 UTC+2 schreef Stephen Hoffman:
> On 2015-05-17 14:25:24 +0000, Hans Vlems said:
>
> > I have replaced the mainboard of my rx2600 system.
> > Everything works electrically, no red lights, memory is recognized
> > alright, the boot menu is present.
> > However the system logs this error:
> >
> > ERROR[55]: Invalid or inaccessible system ID(s)
> >
> > Which inhibits the boot procedure.
> > The rx2600 Operation & Maintenance guide has no information and what I
> > can google just repeats the same error without an answer.
>
> For the rx2620, which MIGHT work similarly...
> There's a non-volatile configuration backup tool (including the system
> id) discussed here:
> <https://www.parsec.com/public/Integrity_console.pdf>
> There's some discussion of the system id on page 79 here
> <http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01404139>
>

> --
> Pure Personal Opinion | HoffmanLabs LLC

This is what sysset tells me:
 sysset
System Information:
  Manufacturer: hp
  Product Name: server rx2600
  Product Number: A6873B
  Secondary Product Number is Valid - Different
  Serial number: US34474190
  Secondary Serial Number is Valid - Different
  UUID: A0CE0353-2794-11D8-869A-914853C2F638 (Valid)
  Secondary UUID is Valid - Different
  Product ID: 0x103

When entering the EFI console I do not get the question to copy the ID's
to the new mainboard (this is waht the user service manual tells me to expect).
The command ; sysset prodname "server rx2600" fails:
Shell> sysset prodname "server rx2600"
Error: sysset: access denied at current privilege level
Exit status code: Access Denied

So, put in the orgibal mainboard?

Hans