[Info-vax] problem with LSE installation

Robert A. Brooks FIRST.LAST at vmssoftware.com
Sun May 17 12:32:15 EDT 2015

I'm waiting for Paul Anderson to weigh in here; he has
his head buried in working on rebranding ABS, MDMS, ACMS, etc . . .

Paul and I did the rebranding of DECset for V8.4-1H1, and he specifically
worked on LSE and SCA.  He noted some "oddities" with respect to the
installation of LSE, although we used the latest version of DECset (V12.8 ECO3)
for our work, and the oddities were related to the fact that LSE tries to use
itself during the installation (probably to build TPU environment files),
and a non-standard installation could cause anomolous behaviour.

For those of you that use DECset, and will be upgrading to V8.4-1H1, you will
be pleased to know that the DECwindows interfaces to all the DECset components
now work.  It appears as though they were broken for the V12.8 ECO2 release,
but are now all fixed for DECset V12.9 (the VSI released version).

--
                  -- Rob