[Info-vax] problem with LSE installation

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Sun May 17 13:00:28 EDT 2015

Robert A. Brooks skrev den 2015-05-17 18:32:
> I'm waiting for Paul Anderson to weigh in here; he has
> his head buried in working on rebranding ABS, MDMS, ACMS, etc . . .
>
> Paul and I did the rebranding of DECset for V8.4-1H1, and he specifically
> worked on LSE and SCA.  He noted some "oddities" with respect to the
> installation of LSE, although we used the latest version of DECset (V12.8
> ECO3)
> for our work, and the oddities were related to the fact that LSE tries to use
> itself during the installation (probably to build TPU environment files),
> and a non-standard installation could cause anomolous behaviour.
>
> For those of you that use DECset, and will be upgrading to V8.4-1H1, you will
> be pleased to know that the DECwindows interfaces to all the DECset components
> now work.  It appears as though they were broken for the V12.8 ECO2 release,
> but are now all fixed for DECset V12.9 (the VSI released version).

I have now for approx a year, on behalf of my, customer tried
to get a quote on DECset as a whole and also some individual
components (CMS, MMS). The reseller, even as a special HP
partner in some way, has totaly failed to get any pricing
out of the HP system. A few weeks ago we gave up and
decided to go on with with EDT/TPU and command files.

It's nice to see that the tools seems to be alive.
I'm not able to actualy buy them, by anyway... :-)

Jan-Erik.