[Info-vax] OpenVMS printing to PDF

JF Mezei jfmezei.spamnot at vaxination.ca
Wed May 20 16:45:25 EDT 2015

On 15-05-20 13:13, Dirk Munk wrote:

> Mail messages are put in a queue, and handled by the mail program. I
> once wrote a DCL procedure that constructed a mail message (incl. all
> headers etc.), and mailed it using SFF if I remember correctly. It was a
> bulk mailing process that zipped and mailed bills.

This is one area that should be improved. SFF was not architected for
performance. It created an intermediate file from the files you
submitted which was then submitted to the symbiont which had its own files.

It would be better to have an interface that talks dirtectly to queueu
manager without needing intermediate file creation.

With regards to PDF forms, if I am not mistaken, it is possible to
create read-only fields which cannot be modified by the user, so you
could populate the page with data, and when the user displays it, he/she
can't change it.