[Info-vax] OpenVMS printing to PDF

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Thu May 21 08:47:36 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-21 12:19:20 +0000, Bill Gunshannon said:

> Just to get at elast a little on topic, what about Ghostscript?  There
> seems to be a version for VMS and I know on Unix systems it provides an
> interface for printing all kinds of stuff to a lot of different
> printers and I am fairly certrain one of those printers is PDF in a
> file.

That'd be one of the typical paths for this, either directly or via the
execsymb tool  — the latter for those folks that want to use the queue
manager for this stuff — and that was mentioned via URLs including
<http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/173> earlier in this thread.  And
yes, there's a reasonable port of Ghostscript for OpenVMS, as well as
command-line tools that will do some basic PDF conversions.   Links are
on