[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Thu May 21 11:32:38 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-21, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
<helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de> wrote:
> In article <mjklei$1tek$2 at news.kjsl.com>,
> helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de (Phillip Helbig (undress to reply))
> writes:
>
>> OK, I now went back to the 4-GB disk which was what it booted from after
>> the upgrade.  Of course, the AUTOGEN before the upgrade changed the
>> parameters.
>
> Could it be that the first boot after upgrade uses some special
> parameters?

Yes.  The process quotas were also boosted in either V8.2 or V8.3. You
should look those up in the Release Notes and adjust your SYSTEM and
other accounts accordingly.

And of course change the DEFAULT account to the new settings.

--
"God does not play dice."  --Albert Einstein
"God is an inveterate gambler, and He throws the  dice at every possible