[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Thu May 21 22:39:07 EDT 2015

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> In article <mda13c-mv.ln1 at news.chingola.ch>, Paul Sture
> <nospam at sture.ch> writes:
>
>> Yes.  The process quotas were also boosted in either V8.2 or V8.3. You
>> should look those up in the Release Notes and adjust your SYSTEM and
>> other accounts accordingly.
>>
>> And of course change the DEFAULT account to the new settings.
>
> Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I didn't see anything related to
> this.

Repeating myself, but I didn't see anything about you considering this.

I don't use DECwindows.  I know nothing specific about it.  However,
I've been known to play around with detached processes.  The SYSGEN
parameters beginning with PQL can sometimes have an effect with detached
processes.  I have to wonder what the process is considered before the
DECwindows login?