[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Fri May 22 02:36:03 EDT 2015

In article <mjm4oa$iak$1 at dont-email.me>, David Froble
<davef at tsoft-inc.com> writes:

> > Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I didn't see anything related to
> > this.
> >

> Repeating myself, but I didn't see anything about you considering this.
>
> I don't use DECwindows.  I know nothing specific about it.  However,
> I've been known to play around with detached processes.  The SYSGEN
> parameters beginning with PQL can sometimes have an effect with detached
> processes.  I have to wonder what the process is considered before the
> DECwindows login?

Yes, I will look into this.  I don't want to change one parameter,
reboot, see if it works, and so on.  Yes, this would be the BEST way,
but take way too long.  First I need a list of parameters which are
possibly relevant, with recommended values, and then I'll go on from
there.

The fact that someone else has the same problem hints that there is a
problem with the upgrade.

How many people actually run DECwindows on 8.4 ALPHA?