[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Hans Vlems hvlems at freenet.de
Fri May 22 04:40:31 EDT 2015

Phillip,
one Alpha Server 1200 5/533 runs VMS 8.4, no patches AFAIK.
The system boots with console set to serial. As soon as the boot job finishes I get a DCE logon screen on the grpahics console, which works as expected.
The graphics card is an Elsa Gloria.
Process quota for system:
Process Quotas:
 Account name: SYSTEM
 CPU limit:                      Infinite  Direct I/O limit:       150
 Buffered I/O byte count quota:    255808  Buffered I/O limit:     150
 Timer queue entry quota:             100  Open file quota:        128
 Paging file quota:                688000  Subprocess quota:        10
 Default page fault cluster:           64  AST quota:              298
 Enqueue quota:                      3999  Shared file limit:        0
 Max detached processes:                0  Max active jobs:          0
Any other values you'd like to see?
Hans