[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Fri May 22 06:25:02 EDT 2015

In article <d069aacf-889d-4c36-a08f-46edb03dd2f0 at googlegroups.com>, Hans
Vlems <hvlems at freenet.de> writes:

> one Alpha Server 1200 5/533 runs VMS 8.4, no patches AFAIK.
> The system boots with console set to serial. As soon as the boot job finishes I get a DCE logon screen on the grpahics console, which works as expected.
> The graphics card is an Elsa Gloria.

Similar, except I have an XP1000.  (I also have a 1200, but I would
rather get working what was working before rather than start trying out
all combinations.)

> Process quota for system:
> Process Quotas:
>  Account name: SYSTEM
>  CPU limit:                      Infinite  Direct I/O limit:       150
>  Buffered I/O byte count quota:    255808  Buffered I/O limit:     150
>  Timer queue entry quota:             100  Open file quota:        128
>  Paging file quota:                688000  Subprocess quota:        10
>  Default page fault cluster:           64  AST quota:              298
>  Enqueue quota:                      3999  Shared file limit:        0
>  Max detached processes:                0  Max active jobs:          0

Could you post the output of MC AUTHORIZE SHOW SYSTEM for easier
comparison?

I updated mine to match those of SMS, who also has an XP1000, but still
no change.