[Info-vax] 8.4 freespace-drift problem?

JF Mezei jfmezei.spamnot at vaxination.ca
Fri May 22 14:08:04 EDT 2015

On 15-05-22 04:40, Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:

>> Why am I so happy that I'm still running V8.3 ????
>
> You have no reason to be happy. Upgrade. 8.4 is "better".

Only if you have access to patches that correct the big problems of the
original 8.4

> Phillips issues as desribed above has of course nothing
> with 8.4 as such to do.

Do any files get put into [syslost] by  ana/disk/repair ?

Do you get to delete a lot of files that are only "half closed" where
the delete works but the space isn't actually released until whatever
app that still had a link to it ends ? (at whcih point ana/disk/repair
does the freeing of disk space).

temporary files that somehow don't get deleted when closed ?